(Episode 9) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr


.
.
A few days into the 21 days experience, I embarked on a business trip that took me past his city of residence. I decided to stop over very early that morning to appreciate him for laboring on our behalf and cheer him on.

You need to see the shock on his face upon seeing me. It was as though the Lord had prepared a table before him in the presence of his friends and family.

The delicacies before him spurned me into salivating immediately. I have not even made a comment when he blurted out.

‘My son, our prayers have been answered.’
I stood aghast – not knowing if I should start laughing or beating him to death. I left angrily and did narrate my ordeal to mummy when I got back home.

Her response was, “Don’t mind them; they are a bunch of useless fools.” But that would not stop us from reaching out still to others for help.

As soon as mummy hears that there is someone again somewhere who speaks to God directly, we are on our way.

It was a tug of war when it was time for me to get married. By that time, I had already lost interest in consulting fake prophets and witch doctors.

Mummy stood her ground and she insisted that I cannot just get married to someone without first checking out if our destinies matched.

Something in me would want to question  if she did the same before marrying daddy. I am sure if she has, and the prophets were really genuine, they would never have been married.

After a long tussle, I finally gave in. I invited my queen over and a day was fixed. While we wait for the set day, there arose an urgent call from one of mummy’s respected prophets. He claimed there was an important message for her. About five of us, including my wife-to-be embarked on the short trip.

We had barely sat for two minutes when he spoke. Still setting aside the central purpose for inviting us over, He pointed in the direction of my fiancé and simply said, Caution! He paused for a while and continued, "You cannot afford to marry him. You are not meant for each other."

It was a shocking revelation to everyone. I was sure he didn't know that the supposed husband was seated right in front of him. My fiancé broke down into tears immediately and requested a remedy. His response was that the best remedy was not to marry him. He delivered his message to mummy and we were on our way home.

It was a rather gloomy drive back home. The appointment we fixed with the prophet was now not so relevant - seeing that we never even informed this particular prophet about marriage plans before he made the shocking revelation.

After some months, I summoned courage and pleaded with mummy to allow me visit the prophet once again. But this time, she won't accompany us - for he knew her so well.

We set out again. This time - just four of us - my fiancée inclusive. We intend consulting him as regards our marriage. Lo and behold, when we arrived at his place, we were welcomed. Surprisingly, before we uttered the reason for our coming, the oracle picked my fiancée again but with a different twist this time.

He looked towards her direction and told her to rejoice because the man in her life at that moment was her perfect suitor. We were all stunned. We've been married now for over thirty years with children and grandchildren.

Wuraola, you don't know what you enjoy by knowing the Lord for yourself. I suffered much in the hands of these fake prophets. Thank God for shining His light on me.

‘Um...it's a blessing having you, dad.’

'Hope your schedule is not so tight, my son, Aderopo - Prince Aderopo Rogers I meant to say, would be around with his family by December. I have told him a lot about you. He looks forward to meeting you.'

‘That would be a pleasure, dad. I can't wait! As a matter of fact, I do not intend coming alone by then.’

Really!

‘Yes dad. I would be coming with my choice protégés’

‘Um....Wuraola, I am proud of you. The Lord strengthen you!’

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU