(Episode 15) LOVE AFFAIRS ¦ A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

.
.
Olajumoke’s birthday was now around the corner. Our communication level had dropped drastically. She told me point blank on one occasion that my proposal was still a shocker to her – more like she was disappointed to receive that from me.
.
I tried consoling myself by assuming that the proposal should have been delayed for some months – but words cannot be swallowed and I knew quite well what I was getting myself into.
---
‘Your girlfriend’s birthday is in two days,’ Stanley said.

My girlfriend! ‘I don’t remember telling you I have one,’ I replied

‘Um…pretense! Even a blind man can see the writings on the wall clearly.’

‘Please spare me the details,’ I replied bluntly.
But that was enough reminder that Olajumoke’s birthday was in two days. I suppose that would be a good topic for discussion later in the evening when I go check on her.
---
‘Good evening dear, how was your day?’ I asked with a bright smile.

‘Fine,’ she replied.

I felt uncomfortable. That response was just too brief for my liking. Prior to that time, the response to that same question was a long explanation of how the day was spent because we receive trainings from different departments but the same industry. I accepted the cold response in good faith and continued the conversation.

‘What’s up for weekend,’ I asked.

Weekend! ‘I don’t understand’

‘Your birthday, of course’

Oh! You remembered. Thanks, she replied smiling.

I felt more relaxed now.

‘I would be in my room all day. No cash for party,’ she submitted.

‘Um…I don’t believe that. Just say you don’t want to celebrate it.’

‘Ade, I am serious. Maybe a miracle before Saturday would do the magic.’

Hearing her call my name was like a soothing balm on a disappointed heart.

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU