(Episode 28) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

.
.
The rehearsals were over and I asked her out on a date. She obliged and we both agreed to visiting an in town resort centre.

Anyone seeing both of us together would never doubt that we were love birds. The bright smile on her face always greeted my manly approval of her.

Her eyeballs glowed with passion and love. Although I still await her response, I knew I got her already. I was already cooking up the perfect pet name for her.

My long ultimate search found the hidden treasure when I asked her about her other names.

'Why do you want to know?' She queried, with a facial expression that communicated, 'I would really be glad to let you know'. It was the feminine style of saying, 'I want you to press harder so I could feel more special before I tell you'.

‘Please.....for friendship sake,’ I pressed.

I was content with the first name on the list of four other names. Before then, I never knew she answered to Ayoade. She would later tell me that she stopped everyone using that name for her since she lost her dad. That was his favorite name for her. Only her mum uses it occasionally especially at times when she wanted her to do something for her.

She hardly turns down the offer at the mention of that name.
Just like Jesus had offered himself on the cross of Calvary and God had raised him up, higher than all principalities and powers; giving him a name above every other names - that at the mention of His name, every knee must bow and every tongue confess that He is Lord.

Ayoade was perfect for me. I immediately set the pace - carving out the first three letters. I would henceforth refer to her as 'Ayomi'. The expression on her face suggested an approval when I finally aired the new pet name. I left the other three letters to her.

By now, we were both famished so we approached the restaurant. I cared less about every person around us. It was more like we were the only authentic living humans on earth and every other person were placed around us to serve us.

The entire world became to me as very small and we both occupied the available spaces. I left her to suit herself with the order placement and we were served.

I was sure that if anyone present at the restaurant at that time was asked about the nature of the relationship between us s/he won't think twice before submitting that we were lovebirds engaged to be married soon. The attendant soon proved my assumption to be correct.

As twilight gradually set in and we watched for a while as the sun sets, we concluded on retiring home. She looked straight into my eyes - something she had not done for a long while - or maybe I should say, I have not noticed her do. I steadfastly gazed on too as though searching for a missing treasure.

'Thanks so much for everything, I am indeed grateful. Your kind is rare!' She finally submitted.

‘Don't mention it dear, you deserved much more,’ I replied graciously.

While I led the way as an indication that we need to really get going now, she turned me around, pulled my body close to hers and gave me a big hug. I immediately reciprocated.

We stood right there for seconds without regarding passersby gazing on. Her head rested comfortably on my shoulders as she uttered the words that would forever linger on in my memory.

‘Ademi, I'm so much in love with you. I have tried to repress the feelings and emotions thinking it was a mere infatuation but you have proved me wrong times without number. Your unflinching support throughout this week was the final stroke that rendered me defenseless. I love you so much, with all my heart. I thought I could still hold it back until its nine months, but I can't anymore - all my defenses are broken down already by you.’
I savoured in every detail of the words. It sounded in my ears like a well rehearsed tune. She had uttered all the words resting her head on my shoulder and whispering them for my exclusive consumption.

I held her even more tightly as I affirmed my love for her too, afresh. She had just called me her crown! The thought of that reverberated within me and I reveled in the new knowledge. I held her face gently in my palms, gazed steadily into her eyes and placed a soft kiss on her right cheek.

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU