(Episode 16) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr


‘Ade, I am thinking of giving Jumoke surprise treats on her birthday,’ Stanley said

Oh! That would be great. I actually discussed a party with her last night but she insisted she was currently broke

‘Exactly what she told me too. But I feel we could make up something for her. Or what do you think?’

By now, I just resolved in my heart that whatever I would do would be for friendship. ‘Alright, count me in,’ I responded.

The plans began immediately. When it comes to party plans, Stanley was always in his natural element. The items needed were listed and the total amount required was split into two, but I took the large share.

I never wanted it to appear as though I was paying my way through, to winning her heart – so, I struck a deal with Stanley.

I made Stanley promise me that praises for the money spent would go to him exclusively and that I would be content with a ‘thank you’ for supporting with the planning and logistics. He agreed.

What we thought was going to be a mini get-together was soon becoming a really big party. Little did we know that the two other female friends of hers too are planning a surprise party!

It was really a collision of surprises turning into a really big party. The party started around 4 p.m. She had been locked up in her room while the arrangement was going on.

She could not believe what she saw when she stepped out after all was set. The really interesting part to me during the whole show was when she was placed on the hot seat and questions were posed at her.

(I am sure you would be guessing now) Seun, a fellow course mate, spoke up. ‘Are you engaged?’

The question was not directed to me but it was as though a string was pulled around my chest region.

No! She replied.

Her friend, Bimpe, pressed further. ‘And no noticed crush too?’

(Smiling) ‘Um… actually there is - but no details for now.’

That was enough encouragement for me. I felt if she would have someone she is considering, who else would that be if not me. I was as well glad she kept the details.
The party ended on a good note. She gave a vote of thanks and specially recognized the input and presence of everyone but mentioning Stanley and Ade. You know how that would feel, right?
----
Our conversations were spiced up for a short while after her birthday. It appeared as though our friendship was being restored; until I noticed she had started avoiding me all together.

She left her room for Bimpe’s. She probably was thinking I won’t be able to come over there and sit with her for long while Bimpe was around. If that was her assumption, it soon proved to be right.

Although I have built a relationship with Bimpe too – to an extent – but we don’t flow that freely. Whenever I go over to see her in Bimpe’s room, I always notice she tries to avoid a direct eye contact with me.

She just talks on a general note. I summed up courage one of such days, went straight to where she was seated, held her face softly with my palms and made her look into my eyes. I wanted to be sure if she indeed was avoiding an eye contact with me. That was confirmed!

I immediately knew that something was cooking up with her too – although she had not yet verbalized it.

I also noticed that whenever I am around her – in the presence of her friends – there is this tingling feeling that runs through her. She’s either throwing a pillow at me, giving me a punch or teasing me – all of which I understood so well.

Bimpe would often laugh at her – affirming that she’s crazily in love but she would often shrug it off. When they make a meal, she would insist I join them.

It was now becoming obvious to me that the doting on is mutual. But still, she kept her response.

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU