(Episode 14) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

.
.
With time, I spread my tentacles, seeing that it was an opportunity to make more friends.

My attraction to Olajumoke became so obvious that Stanley was beginning to be suspicious. They had both shared a cordial relationship from campus but he affirmed that there were no strings attached.

Our friendship heightened so much drastically that I spend a bulk of my after work time in her room, ‘gisting.’

What further endeared her to me was her curiosity for knowledge too. Right there beside her bed was a pile of books on subjects like spiritual growth and discipleship.

We were soon discussing our likes, dislikes, goals, life assignment and hobbies - each one blending well into the other. But even at that, I nursed no intention of making a proposal for a marriage relationship. I was simply enjoying friendship.

The rhythm began to be even more melodious when we started discussing childhood experiences and how growth had been thus far. The similarities were awe-striking - not without some little differences though - like her past relationships with 'boyfriends'.

We ventured into life's purpose and the investments we had made into it thus far and I found out that we were both on course.

I began to perceive at this stage that perhaps, destiny had been preparing us for each other separately over the years.

As my custom was, I tried to live above the emotions by discussing with destiny friends who gave timely advice and I did move on.

The fondness brimmed brightly with each passing day. At times I would think we were made for each other but the thoughts would be countered by: it’s just a coincidence that you both share that much similarities and purpose alignment.

The final frosting on the cake became visible when we started talking about dates and events as it relates to our families, life’s assignment and all. It was unbelievable.

I stood aghast as we began to relate each of the events and dates. It was getting way beyond a coincidence.

Prior to that time, I had understudied my life and family – relating it to how God deals with us. There is this special correlation of dates and events among us.

So, immediately I began to consider all of these, I resolved to take some time off to really set things straight. I knew it wasn’t my raging hormones neither was it pressure for marriage.

As a matter of fact, I was still in college – which was clearly not on my goals list. I didn't consider fitting it in.

....to be continued

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU