(Episode 14 Cont'd) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

.
.
Every of those correlations became to me like signs and proofs. But I never put out a fleece like Gideon in the first place.

I wasn’t asking God to prove to me if the helpmeet He had been preparing is wrapped up inside Olajumoke or not. I was simply busy with my assignment in the garden of the Lord.

I took a weekend off the location to really know what was next. The truth was that I loved her person – but not for a marriage relationship. After much hearty communions, I got peace within to go ahead.

All along, I never discussed it officially with Stanley but I was sure that he would be thinking towards that direction. He didn’t mention it either. They both still enjoyed friendship. I eventually made a formal proposal.

We were both in a relaxed mood, talking about the friendship brimming with fondness and mutual affection when I verbally submitted the content of the proposal.

‘Olajumoke, can we build a future together?’ I asked.

(Shocked) She said, how do you mean?

The exact response I was expecting. I wanted her to give me room for more verbal expressions. I was not ready to go the normal or rather common way which was, ‘Thus saith the Lord’. I had never been a fan of the statement. It appeared like mocking God to me - for in some cases; the relationship later crashes or even end up in divorce after marriage.

I had long believed that marriage is a choice – regardless of all the, thus saith the Lord. I use to say, even if 'thus saith the Lord, I still have my choice for marriage or celibacy as none of the two is a necessity, obligation or basic requirement for living a purposeful life.'

Not knowing which response to give first, I asked for the purpose of clarity.

‘Have you made a choice for marriage?’

‘Of course, I sure would be married someday.' She replied

(I heaved a sigh of relief. At least, I was still on course) ‘I meant starting up a marriage relationship,’ I continued.

Her response was an outright silence – with few gestures when she deemed it fit. At least the proposal had been made. I consoled myself. The late evening conversation ended on that gloomy note and I retired into my room.

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU