(Episode 22) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

Femi came right on time! He was friendly. He provided a shoulder to lean on and before I knew what was happening, I had already fallen in love with him.

He was a working class man with a reasonable take home every month. He showered me often with gifts and affirmed that he was ready for marriage.

He promised marriage won't affect my academics and he would be responsible for its continuation. I trusted him to the call but kept something back from him - a visit to my house. I was hunted by past encounters.

Sade, a female friend of about a year had earlier called off our friendship when she visited me. She had claimed I was not in her class. I was ashamed of myself and vowed since then not to allow even female friends visit me except those I had known from childhood.

It wasn't long before I found out that Sade was Femi's ex. I was just checking through photos on his phone that fateful day when I came across Sade's pictures. Not one, not two.

And the poses in the pictures were not just appealing but also suggestive. I asked about whom she was to him and without mincing words he explained how they met, what they had together and where things currently stood between them.

It's over and over for good he affirmed. But I felt insecure to the point that it became obvious in my facial expression.

Femi asked if there was anything the matter but I just shrugged it off and said, 'she's not looking bad anyways.'

I never knew he was someone who pays attention to details. He soon linked back up with Sade and asked about me and she relayed what was, what might be, what was not and all the in-betweens.

Our next date was far from rosy as he won’t even listen to hear my side of the story. He insisted he should have gotten a response from me earlier instead of getting to hear the details from Sade.

Before long, there was trust issue. He started to question all I say – I admitted my faults and took that as a mere punishment for my mistakes. I tried all I could to prove to him that I am trustworthy and responsible.

I poured out my all on him – all he needed to do was just make the demand and I am all out meeting it even to my body. We shared happy times together for some months before he disappeared into thin air.

I later found out that he was transferred at his place of work – and that was all. All efforts to reach him were futile. I wept for days, weeks, months – that was when Lanre came into the scene.

He was both a mentor and a brother. I had initially thought his services were for an ulterior motive but I was soon proven wrong. His coming into my life assured me that God was still interested in my case.

He took up the duty of helping me rebuild my shattered self-esteem. He was someone I could dump everything on – name it! Anything!

Deep down within me, I concluded that guys are not worth to be cared for. So, I opted for what seem to be a time of vengeance. I am attractive, so the guys kept coming in torrents.

I soon became a repository for expensive and high definition gift items. You would hardly see me on the street with a guy; let alone in my house. I was playing my game really well. I never knew I would still be haunted by the deeds of the past.

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU