(Episode 12) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

.
.
We were both grown-ups - at least to a reasonable extent. I was twenty-four and she was some years younger.

Prior to this time, I had resolved that it's a total NO to any romantic relationship on campus - even with the conclusion and firm belief that I would walk down the aisle at twenty eight.

My resolution was based on no other than His words that He would provide by making a help comparable to me.

These words of Scriptures became to me like a directly spoken word than a written word, at seventeen - while I was pressurized by peers to try out a romantic affair.

I had since then been at rest, but not with few trials to confirm my innate prowess as regards asking a lady out. I just wanted to be sure I was bold enough because friends often tease me - claiming I lacked courage to utter the sweet words a lady can fall for.

So, I decided to take up the challenge. I braced up and made my first approach while I attended JAMB coaching in preparation for my college admission.

She was attractive - at least that was all that mattered to me at that time - we started out relating as friends and at a juncture, I felt I needed to let the cat out of the bag.

I was as confident as though she had no right to say NO to my proposal. On that late evening, while we walked back home together, I decided to see her off - although my house was much closer to the coaching venue.

We took another path off my street so as not to walk pass my house. We talked and laughed all along like love birds - dusk was setting in now.

See also: (Episode 11) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files

I picked up the long tale of how our friendship started - claiming it couldn't have been anything but divine arrangement - when deep down in my heart, I knew I was only testing out my prowess.

The proposal was skillfully made and as usual, she requested some time to get back to me. But with the look on her face, and the firmness of the hug before we finally made our goodnight byes, I knew it would eventually be a Yes.

Within few days, my suspicion became obvious.

Yeah! I got her. I screamed after she hung up. She had just agreed to a relationship. The next question that popped up in my heart was now, what now are we going to be doing together?

But since I did not really intend to go into a relationship then, I wasn't too much bothered. I just told myself that it would be a mere rehearsal for the real deal when the time comes and certainly not with this new catch.

Soon, the classes were over and to make it more interesting for me, her family relocated. Seeing often was no longer a luxury for her. That felt good for me as I began withdrawing gradually from the frequent calls and messages.

She soon noticed that and started complaining. I leveraged on those complaints, claiming she's just being jealous and asking for too much at a time.

Gradually, the relationship faded into thin air but I knew my score card was decorated with flying colors.

I made similar approaches subsequently, with most being greeted with a positive response - still trying to prove my manliness.

Everything came to a halt when I encountered purpose. I wouldn't know if these escapades had anything to do with my emotional stability but one thing was beyond bargaining those times - my body.

It was a clearly no go area - even when the opportunities were presented on the platter of wood. I had long held my body with high esteem. While friends would see it as freebies, I would see it as parting with a virtue of an inestimable price.

...to be continued

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU