(Episode 21) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

I had never expected your visit to be that soon although I knew it was imminent.

She began as she started to narrate what seem to me like the complete dosage of apologetics.

You would be the very first suitor to visit me - as a matter of fact, the first guy. I was lucky mum was not around when you came, I could have been faced with endless questions about your identity.

The only male friend she knows with me is Lanre. I met Lanre years ago at where I would call a crossroad in my life. He was indeed God sent - perhaps I would have been long forgotten now if not that our paths crossed.

I almost ended my life out of frustration arising from rejection. He stood by me all through. I have long regarded him as the elder brother I never had and he had never failed at proving his worth. I could say, he is an adopted member of my family.

Going through several heartbreaks from both males and females alike had pushed me into hiding my real identity.

My first ever romantic relationship began after I graduated from high school. I had decided to wait that long although I had several advances while in school.

Tunde appeared to be responsible and good looking. We had started out together on a very good note but I had not had the chance to see him physically - we met on a social media platform. He already got admitted into a university outside where we both lived and his school was then on session.

I could no longer cope with not having seen him so we planned for my paying him a visit.

Although the expression on his face was suspicious when he saw me - I resolved to put that aside and revel in the moment. We shared some really good times together and I traveled back home. I began to notice afterwards that our communication level was dropping by the day.

When I tell him about it, he would claim school activities were bulky and I initially reasoned with him. Not long after that he opted for constant nagging. He complained I don't call often, send text messages and all. He began to pick offences at every tiny matter.

I loved him so much and never wanted to lose him - even if it took going out of my way to please him. Not long after that, he finally said he could no longer cope with a long distance relationship.

We tried processing my admission into his school, all to no avail. He eventually requested that we end the relationship.
I pleaded but he would not listen.

It was when my pleas were becoming too much on him the he blurted out, saying, he does not really like my physical appearance and that I was too tiny for the kind of girl he can go out with.

I went completely off. I was still very young and tender. I was not going to retain my current stature for ever - but he would not listen.

When I was turning into the persistent widow asking for vengeance on my adversaries, he decided to disconnect with me completely - his line was no longer reachable. It was as if the whole world came crashing on me.

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU