(Episode 13) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

.
.
An idle mind they say is the Devil's workshop. I decided not to play host to him, let alone allow him construct a workshop in my heart.

I opted for my long neglected passion. Hours upon hours were pure on books - so much that I became addicted to reading.

I would often be reading out loud to myself on my bed and mum would wonder if I had a company right there with me.

I envisioned myself sitting with the authors of the books I'm studying and having a table talk with them while they explain their thoughts in the books. I was indeed a bibliophile.

It helped me channel my thoughts per time. I read everything - like everything - including the copyright laws, the publisher's name and year of publication. I read wide - so wide. Cutting across leadership, management, business, career, relationships, male and female anatomy and health, parenting..... I read all.

I could barely speak with you for five minutes without making few quotations from materials I had studied - it became that terrible. Little did I know that I was becoming a repository of wisdom!

Going to college was more like prior preparation kissing excellent performance.

I had carefully designed my plans all through my stay on campus. And guess what? A marriage relationship wasn't featured at all.

I was sold out for personal development as well as people development. I wanted to leave a positive impact in the lives of everyone that comes my way. I faithfully and diligently followed these goals and the feeling on campus was really getting interesting and enjoyed by the day.

See also: (Episode 11) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files

The track number changed when the school authority mobilized us for the yearly industrial training. I was at that time a semi-finalist as it is often said. I had long waited for the period - since it would be less of academic work and more of practical experiences.

Quite a number of us were attached to the same firm. We were lucky, or should I say favoured to be provided with a lodge.

I have heard senior friends lament about the disheartening way I.T students were treated by firms and corporations. And that would not negate the fact that they would use them as though they were 'rain water' with a very meagre pay on the long run.

So, you would agree with me when I say we were favoured, right?

About twelve of us at that time - if I could recall vividly - began what seem to me like a pre-NYSC experience - five males and seven females, I think.

Although we came from the same school, I only had an earlier relationship with two of them. -  Ayowande and Stanley. My friendship with Stanley heightened when we both found out that we would be going to the same location.

....to be continued

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU