(Episode 20) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

We all left the location to secure our voter's card.

Since I already had mine in my possession, the period was just a time to visit friends and family.

I decided to spend the days at an aunt's place - the same city Olajumoke resides - but that would entirely be without her prior notice.

While flipping throw her photo album back at the location, I had seen a familiar face whom she introduced as having known since childhood.

Adesua had been a close friend on campus - hardly would a day go by and we won't exchange pleasantries either on social media or physically on campus.

I had discussed my seeing her in Olajumoke's album with her and she affirmed they grew up together in the same Church only that they had never been very close.

I could give Jumoke a surprise visit, the thoughts ran through my mind. And since I now had a good contact, I do not need her to give me her house description.

Adesua already knew we were fond of each other but she had never posed a direct question inquiring what was going on between us.

I made arrangements and I connected Adesua when I got to town. We both embarked on a friendly visit. Just for friends!

I could easily interpret the shock on Jumoke's face as she welcomed us. Sitting right there on the long sofa was her much talked about confidante, Lanre.

I perceived you are going to come over, she said with a rather shaky voice.

She introduced Lanre to our duo and I noticed he too was quite uncomfortable. I read and interpreted the handwriting on the wall very fast. We didn't stay too long before we decided to take our leave.

The only question rocking my mind was, but why? And that was the only question I was going to ask when we get to see again on Monday.

The weekend seemed unnecessarily extended as I patiently awaited Sunday morning. I would have to travel back on Sunday to prepare for the next day's duties.

To further confirm my suspicion, I asked Adesua about how long they have been staying in that apartment and she said as long as she could remember.

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU