(Episode 25) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

Stanley's Birthday was around the corner but no party in view. He was now often seen with Jumoke than me - a new development I gladly embraced.

They began what appear to me as a journey to spiritual growth together. They played together, studied the Bible together and all other in-between.

I had initially wanted to take that up with Jumoke but I refrained. I didn't want to cloud her vision or influence her choice of eventually accepting my proposal. They spent evenings together and when Stanley would retire for guy's gist in the evening; nothing would be said about how the day was spent with regards to her.

He hardly even mentions her now during our conversations.

My instinct was a little bit suspicious initially but I silenced it's suggestions. I was sure that what I now know about her within some months, Stanley can never have known even though they had been friends from campus.

I sat on that vantage point as a leverage over any other suitor.

They both embarked on a daily cool evening walk - which to me was a prayer walk and come back looking refreshed and agile.

At a point, I was challenged too and decided to emulate the result oriented venture - although I would be lone in that. I would simply plug my ears with my headset while I take a long walk around the vicinity. I now had very little time together with Jumoke - except for weekends. Stanley had occupied her evenings for week days.

----

Olaide came visiting to spend the weekend. I had gotten her contact earlier and familiarity was breeding very fast. Her presence for the weekend paused Stanley's mentorship program as the girlfriends spent most of the time together.

I was not at all an intruder - compared to Stanley. Olaide had fully accepted my friendship and we were getting along very well. The weekend was fun. We played games and ate together.

I noticed the subtle love phrases Olaide used when she talked about both of us - that gave me an assurance that they both have talked about me and I won her consent already. My score card was getting beautifully decorated.

I had resolved to infiltrate her world by getting close to everyone - as much as I could - she cherishes.

At another juncture, I noticed that she always referred to someone as her 'bestie' and I was sure the title does not belong to Olaide. Olaide was just a sister from another mother.
I found out that the bestie was male and I looked for every available means to link up with him. My efforts were fruitful - thanks to social media. She later gave me gist about how they met.

She had attended a minister's conference few years back where she met Jeff. Our friendship grew so fast, she said. We shared a similar ministry which further endeared him to me. Although he was then in his late teens, his knowledge of spiritual matters was profound.

On several occasions, we had been together for camping, conferences, outreaches. He often claimed he has my password and I make the same claims about him too.

She spoke so much about Jeff that I was almost taking him for a rival but I chose to stay within the bounds of her words. I chatted Jeff up - although I was well advanced in age compared to him - I was awestruck when he began what was to me like eulogy.

I never knew Jumoke had earlier shared much about me with him. Someone I was thinking would be a rival ended up soliciting that I treat his 'bestie' with utmost care and affection. That was enough encouragement.

Jumoke later attested to the fact that I had won all her friends over. As a matter of fact, she said, if I were to base my approval of you on the submissions from friends, I would have given you a YES long ago.

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU