(Episode 31) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

A new session commenced after all the festivities of the end of the year. The lovebirds agreed to resume early enough, securing comfortable hostels.

We concluded on getting hostels not too far from each other and so it was. She lived on the street next to mine. Our relationship was brimming with love and affection.

We got so close that even her hostel’s caretaker became confused as to whether she was my younger sister, a friend or a fiancée.

Olaide soon resumed for the new session. She had not yet secured an apartment so she just decided to put up with Ayomi until she finds one.

Lectures commenced and the ride was going smoothly. Few weeks after resumption, Olaide came over to my hostel explaining the sudden change of attitude she noticed in Ayomi. I never expected her to come reporting her sister from another mother to me but she did all the same. I asked if they had discussed it and she said, yes.

‘So, what was her response?’

‘Mood swings. Yeah! Mood swings. That was all she said.’

Mood swings again! I retorted. The last time I remembered her having a mood swing was while the pressure from Stanley was getting too much on her. And the acclaimed swings appear to be stabilized immediately Lanre came around. That made me conclude that definitely, something was wrong and she could not manage it. So, I decided to interfere.

I went over to her place at the time I was sure Olaide would not be in.

‘Ademi, I don’t want a roommate. I cannot cope with it,’ she lamented.

‘But Olaide is not just a roommate,’ I chipped in almost immediately

‘Yes, I know. But the agreement was that she would put up with me for a while before she gets an accommodation. A while is becoming two months now, Ademi.’

‘So, what do you want to do? I am sure you are not going to ask her to leave?’

Exactly! That’s what I want but I don’t have the courage to. I need some privacy here.

It was indeed a slippery ground for me. They have been together for years. I just came into the picture for about a year and there I am standing as a mediator between them – occupying the position of Christ in reconciling humanity to divinity.

Olaide had now become my very good friend too. I decided to speak with her about the matter separately as well.

‘Dear, how far with your accommodation,’ I asked.

‘Aderopo, as it stands now, I don’t know what else to do. Dad is currently broke and he is my only source of getting my rent. Perhaps his knowledge about my staying with Jumoke made him relax this long. I am sure that if I had had no place to stay, he wouldn’t even have allowed me to leave home the time I left. I know the rent would have been available long before now. But he has promised to get it across as soon as he can.’

That was all I needed to hear. I decided not to link her putting up with Ayomi to the issue of mood swings.

I explained the outcome to Ayomi and pleaded on Olaide’s behalf to extend their stay together. She grudgingly agreed. It was barely a week afterwards that Olaide came back to me complaining that she’s getting fed up with everything.

‘Please, help me beg her to let me know what I have done wrong,’ she said

‘What’s the matter again,’ I queried

She won’t relate with me. When I try to start up a conversation, her response would be cold. I came back from school today, tired and exhausted, only to find that she had rearranged the wardrobe – clearly demarcating what was mine from hers. That’s strange! Just persuade her to let me know what she wants me to do. I don’t mind – anything. Even if she wants me to leave, I will. I can’t be stranded.

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU