(Episode 47) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr


Ayomi, I’m sorry for everything or anything I did wrong. All I wanted was to be your best friend… at the happy times and the not so good times.

I wanted a friendship based relationship….even when there would be no reason to love. I enjoy playing with you. I enjoy being me. Loved running around laughing hard with you. I craved a home like that. It made me go so much into you. I’m not the official hubby type

"Okay…. I loved all that too and I wanted us to be like that forever"

"So, I see no reason why you should be scared."

"I was scared because I didn’t want a home like some I’m seeing around me"

"And you perceived that coming?"

"Not really. But your focusing too much on career scared me. You were always reading mostly motivational books"

"Oh…. My dear, apart from kingdom service, all else I do is to provide for my family. And you knew that from the start, don’t you?"

"I'm still scared but I don’t know how to get over it. What will happen if I decide to marry someone else?"

I knew right there that there was a likelihood of someone wooing her with material things. But I decided to keep it to myself.

"Happen to me or you?"

"To both of us…"

"We would plan the wedding together and I would be your chief bridesmaid"

"That’s not possible! Let me make a point clear to you. I believe we are not married yet. So, I can decide to pull out sooner or later"

"OK, Ma"

Yeah! But we can at least relate as friends, she submitted.

Let me say this to prevent a reoccurrence. We might not be chatting extensively until after your ‘sooner or later’. This is due to the fact that I don’t know how to chat as ‘just friends’ with you anymore. I wish I could. I would only be hurting myself. And that would be a big distraction.

"I don’t want to cope with us not chatting…. Maybe I would just pull out then"

"Um… alright"

"You seem not to be bothered about my pulling out"

"Ayomi.... it’s all about the gospel you said. I can’t be disturbed. I’ve outgrown that."

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU