(Episode 45) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr


(After few days, I reopened the conversation)

‘Hello dear. Good afternoon.’ I opened up a conversation.

‘Good afternoon’

‘Um… I’m keeping so much to myself. Not happy about that.’

‘Why?’ She asked

‘She deserted me. I don’t know if I know her again.’

‘Okay. So, what are you going to do about her?’

‘Marry her!’ I affirmed.

‘What if she does not want to?’

‘She might also want to explain “why not”,’ I followed up.

‘Maybe she’s having a second thought about marriage itself’

‘The seminary is opened then. It would make the story more interesting’.

‘She is not interested in going to the seminary’

‘Then… there’s a mix up. Who doesn’t know the “why” for existence? Identity crisis, I perceive.’

‘It is not a matter of knowing the “why” for existence, she said

‘So, it’s a matter of….?’ I asked

‘Not knowing the “why” for wanting to get married. She probably got confused along the line?’

‘Maybe she does not want sex - because she is engaged already.’ Just trying to help out

‘That’s obviously not why,’ she affirmed

‘Need more likely reasons proffered?’

‘Yeah’

‘She’s regretting the openness she shared. She is thinking to herself….if not for that’

‘No’

‘This long distance is killing me’

‘No…. far from it’

‘Maybe she doesn’t just want to share her life with a partner’

‘Not that’

‘She has issues with submission?’

‘She doesn’t,’ she said

‘Or she was treated badly and cannot let go?’

‘She doesn’t keep malice’

‘She dislikes the institution called marriage?’

‘She doesn’t’

‘She wants to enjoy the company of more people freely. Not committed to one?’

‘No. I think I just have a second thought about marriage itself.’

‘Ayomi, can you just share the second thought?’

Alright! What’s going to happen if I say I really don’t want to get married to you or anyone else?

Um… trivial! The ‘anyone else’ can as well be deleted because it’s not relevant.

‘Um…’

‘The father’s arms are always opened wide! Eternal! Secured! On a sincere note, I learnt so much from these happenings. It’s worth documenting for generations unborn.’

‘Ademi, I’m sorry if I hurt you. Or rather, I’m sorry for hurting you’

‘Hmm… words… powerful… Those are two disparate statements’

‘Yeah, but I meant the latter’

Alright! Apologies accepted.

‘I said I was going to come over to spend Christmas with your family. Am I still allowed to?’

Why not? Doors are opened to queens. I’m even planning a family get together. I would keep you posted.

‘Alright love. Thanks’

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU