(Episode 49) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

"Please, stop calling me, Ayomi. I don’t want you calling me by that name anymore. My name is Olajumoke," She said.

‘Why? What does it do to you?’

‘Forget about what it does to me. But not calling me by that actually makes me feel better.’

‘But you said ‘AyoAde’ still exists’

‘I Said!'

‘Oh! Not again?’

‘I guess’

I see! My one and only sweetheart! Ayomi is like the air I breathe. It’s too late

‘Then I would be forced to do what I don’t want to do.’

Anything my dear! ‘Block me on social media, delete my contact. Or better still…. Assassinate me’

‘I already opted out of this relationship a long time ago because I wasn’t sure of what I wanted. And now, I’m sure’

‘Is that what you did not want to do?’

‘It is what I’ve done already. Just reminding you in case you have forgotten’

‘So…. What more? Ayomi… What more?’

‘I’M OUT!’

‘But at least a relationship is between two people. It might be temporal with you but it is eternal with me. I’M IN!’

‘Maybe you think I’m joking about this. But I’m dead serious’

‘You are ALIVE serious,’ please.

——
Months later, she came visiting at my new apartment without a prior invitation. All through her stay, she acted as though we were still lovebirds and I did flow along too.

I had waited for her to verbally affirm that the relationship was over right there before my eyes. We never started the relationship on chat. So, it could not as well end via chats.

She hesitated to bring up the topic. I decided to let the cat out of the bag while her stay was becoming burdensome. She affirmed that she still cared much about me but it’s over between us. I asked her if she was sure about her decision and she replied, yes!

Since I saw no reason why she should still be around at just a friend’s place, I initiated a vacation through words and deeds – her official language.

I sought advice from few eternal friends and they all said I can’t force her into marriage. But I knew our relationship was not just a feeling…. It was divinely orchestrated.

“Beware brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God”
Hebrews 3:12

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU