(Episode 38) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

She came back from a 3-day trip with her mentor on a ministerial assignment. She had invited me to come along but busy schedules would not let me.

I deliberately reduced our level of communication via chats so as to make her focus on the assignment she went on.

It was a different ball game when she came back. I noticed our conversations were dry and brief. I drew her attention to it; requesting to know what the matter was.

Nothing! ‘I am good,’ she responded.

I knew something was wrong. She wasn't happy when I told her I won't be free to go on the trip with her but she never complained. So, I assumed she reasoned with me.

‘Don't tell me there is nothing. Your reaction had changed since you came back,’ I pressed

‘I guess it's just mood swings,’ she submitted

‘Mood swings again?’ I have learnt from past experiences that whenever she used that statement, the reality was that she has something in mind that she does not want to share. So I pressed really harder.

‘I think I need some space for now,’ she said.

Wow! There you go. Space! I'm I choking life out of you? Is my constant communication burdensome? I poured out the questions simultaneously on her.

‘Don't misunderstand me. I didn't say that’

‘Then make me understand what you are saying.’

‘I noticed I have not been growing up spiritually lately’

Here we are again. Spiritual growth! Her final announcement was not strange to my ears. She had said that about her relationship with Olaide months ago too and since then, they have not been in good terms. I felt it was now my turn.
What input do you expect from me that you are not getting? I questioned. We take time to study together and pray regularly. What else is required for your spiritual growth?

‘I can't place it too,’ she replied.

Deep down within me, I was sure she knew quite well what she was doing. I could not just explain why it would be towards me. Different thoughts ran through my mind. Is she seeing someone else? Don't I appeal to her anymore? What does she want from me now? When she wasn't willing to supply the answer to my many questions, I broke down emotionally too.

I had already gone so much into her that pulling out for sometime as she wanted seems almost impossible.

The communication gap was fast running into a week...then weeks. I couldn't stand her not relating freely with me. I hated it when my presence appear to her like disturbance.

It wasn't long after that that I resolved to find my balance.

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU