(Episode 43) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

The communication gap was not faring well on my part at all – coupled with the fact that we were no longer at the same location.

Communication was mainly via chats and I hated dry chats….I hated to ask an open ended question and the response would just be a smiley I cannot even decode at times.

"Someone told me he is missing you but there is nothing he could do about it. I advised him to divert his thoughts because the ‘you’ he is missing does not even care anymore", I was referring to myself.

‘Okay,’ she responded.

Not again! I deride such responses. When I couldn’t bear it any longer, I decided to make my intentions known.

"I might withdraw for some time," dear. ‘I hate being snubbed, it rouses my ego. I would always love you.’
Do channel your passion into acquiring as much skills as you can. Practice!! Practice! Practice! That’s the key.

She had applied at a crafts school far away from home. A decision she exclusively made although I was not averse to it.

‘I had been waiting for you to withdraw long ago. Happy withdrawal,’ was her response.

I know! Good for you! Answered prayers! Enjoy! But I am sure you cannot enjoy it for so long. Now I know it’s all your intention. Thanks for the confession. It is just that I would have to plan for ‘two’ alone. I would pull through though.

‘Story for the gods’.

‘You can say that again,’ I replied, trying not to let the annoying response get to me.

*****
I opted for penning my thoughts and forwarded to her after a while.
Ayomi, each passing second is mingled with thoughts of you.
I have tried hard to fight it but it cannot be replaced.
It’s more like the air I breathe.
If you were sunshine, I would stop you from setting.
I miss everything about you. Your smiles…. your eyes…. missed staring at you.
Speak with me often
Your voice in my ears, none can replace
It trickles down to my very being
It mixes with affection within
Moments after moments I smell your aura around me
I pray you don’t take this for granted
The more I commune with the Father
Basking in his ocean of love
The more I am reminded about Ayomi – a gift from above
I don’t mince words when I say that
More like we were built into each other
The distance is getting at me
I can’t afford to shut it out
I can’t undo my principle – I stay committed to Father’s gift
Don’t overstretch these periods please
It won’t be soothing
Don’t push me into the cave
I should be seeking, not you.

‘OK. She responded.'

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU