(Episode 46) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

I assumed our relationship was back on track. So, I decided to keep the communication river flowing freely.

"A part of me wants to share thoughts! Getting tougher…. I really do not enjoy all these. Are you still in the dark?" I asked

‘You are free to share’

"No! I’m not. You don’t want me to."

‘I do…’

‘OK. Then tell me what happened’

‘I got scared’

‘Of me?’

‘Not really. I don’t want to get married to a life coach or motivational speaker. I want someone who the paramount thing to is the gospel. I don’t want to be like some couples I know.’

"But you have known this all along. I hid nothing from you from the start. I was completely open"

She had made the same statement when David’s plea for a comeback was getting really hard on her. But my case was clearly distinct. She did affirm that I was God’s perfect gift for her. She arranged a meeting between David and me – which finally put a stop to his constant disturbance.

‘Maybe I knew but I didn’t pay attention to it,’ She replied.

‘So… on what basis do you now draw your conclusions?’

‘I studied what you give most of your time to. Your career of being a life coach, motivational speaker and other related things.’

"Life coach! I like the way you keep emphasizing that. And the gospel is a dead subject, right?"

"I never said so….. It’s not a bad thing to do all of that neither is it wrong. It’s just a matter of priorities - and also not using the pulpit for motivational talks like we have in most churches today."

"I’m picking it dear, please go ahead"

"I am not against your career. I have mine too. But then, whatever I do is all for the gospel. It is what I live for. Like I tell my friends, every penny I earn is going to be for the furtherance of the gospel."

At that juncture, I really could not believe her words anymore. All the money she earns for the gospel? That’s impossible. This was the same person who buys things to impress. I often question her purchases as not being a need most times. I was not ready to feed from the sheep. I was poised to feed the sheep in all ramifications. Hence, the need to create streams of income! Moreover, she would not be living by faith with my kids on empty stomach. So, I’ve got to work. I knew her excuses were just flimsy.
Before I officially made known my career of being a life coach, she had insisted that I wasn’t giving her enough attention – that I was overtly taken up by kingdom business and I did tried to adjust.

"Please, go ahead.’ I said"

"I’ve seen families where the couple were so much into the gospel mandate before marriage and afterwards, it was either the wife or the husband alone in the assignment. The other partner was all about career. I don’t want a life like that."

"Alright, would that mean I did nothing wrong?"

"I can’t even remember,’ She submitted"

Alright! But if you really meant all you said above, then I have a case for special thanks to Father. Answered prayers! But I have not seen it hold sway in your dealings, dear. I didn’t want to mention it all along before, I prefer when it comes naturally.

"Mention what?"

Your priorities! I had the conception that you can decide to go for anything so long as it pleases you and the capital is available. But I was giving you time to grow up before I conclude.

"Now you know," She replied.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU