(Episode 37) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

Wow! I'm sure that was inspired by a true life story. You spoke those words straight from the heart.

‘You are right on track,’ Sir. She was a friend. I would keep the details for now - to be shared at one of my mentorship classes.

‘That's alright.’
Some lines indeed caught my attention but I would focus on the last three lines of the final septet.

As our relationship grew, I resolved not to allow her play the 'wifey' role. Whenever she comes over to my place, I ensure I made the meals except on some very rare occasions and I do the same too when I visit her. I simply acted the guest.

I never for once doubted our eventual living together as couples but I patiently waited for the time to come. I guarded her self-worth jealously. I strongly disputed of treating a woman - even one's wife - like an ordinary house help.

I think Dad rightly displayed that virtue and I imbibed it. More reason why I get irritated whenever Ayomi says, 'You haven't yet placed a ring on my finger - hence, you can't tell me to do this or that'

No sister! Never say that - especially to a man who is complete and whole. Nothing annoys him more than that. What that would simply paint to him is that you value objects - the ring - more than his words and deeds.

Who says the ring binds you together? You would simply be insinuating that he should wait until after marriage for the authority to order you around. That won't fare well on your part.

A complete man does not love because of what he wants to get from you - there's no point threatening him with such statements - you would only be telling him to pile up duties for you until marriage.

I once heard about a couple who just got married only for the new wife to get to her husband's apartment after honeymoon to meet clothes piled up for her. I'm not saying you should turn yourself into a maid by washing his clothes before marriage but there's no point telling him to wait until he puts a ring on your finger.

Please don't say that - especially to a complete and whole man - a man in EDEN.

Only an irresponsible man can be told that and I'm sure you don't have them around you. If those are who you attract, then check yourself. Something is probably wrong somewhere.

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU