(Episode 48) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

I resolved to work on reconciling her to Olaide. The broken friendship between them had now grown into over a year old. Soon, my efforts were becoming productive.

"Aderopo, I was with your ‘boo’ all through last weekend," Olaide submitted.

"Wow! That’s great. I’m sure she is doing well too?"

"Yes."

"What did she tell you about 'us'?"

"From what she said, she is single."

I see! Good for her! She can keep deceiving herself until eternity. My love affair with her is timeless. The bond we share is like eternal life…. Once saved, forever saved – save for unbelief, which is in itself referred to as evil.

‘Ade! Come on… are you still in the relationship or out also?’

‘I am in for life - even if she marries someone else. I would tell her husband he is only wasting his time. It’s too late to back out. I burnt the bridge for retreat already.’

‘But she totally confirmed that she’s out?’

‘Fine - I totally confirm that I’m in too. Or she told you she has someone else?’

‘It appears so. Have you not seen her display picture recently?’

I had noticed a persistent photo before now but I chose to disregard it. I was not ready to live on wrong assumptions. So, I was waiting to have that confirmed.

‘Sure. But does that really matter?’

"That’s the man now. Everyone knows already. Pastor Sola is in charge now"

"Oh.... love is sweet. Is that his name?"

‘Yeah… Jumoke loves him so much’

I soon found out that they had met upon her relocation. The young brother is a member of the local church she had joined and she now runs after the senior Pastor for mentorship. I knew at that instance that she was out for a replacement again.

Her commitment level to Opeyemi Daniel’s ministry dropped drastically. The ministry she had invited me to join earlier had now become a ‘me alone’ affair. The team leader now calls me to get through to her. She had discarded them too. Her primary assignment – the ministry she started – had also been shortchanged. All of these and more I spoke to her about and she insisted she knew what she was doing.

But I needed to know too because I could not keep running around from a ministry to the other with her. At a point, she warned that I should desist from calling her ‘Ayomi’.....

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU