(Episode 39) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

I took the weekend off school environment to cool off. I traveled to my aunt's place for the weekend. I felt as though I have much love to pour on someone but the recipient was pushing me off.

So, I decided to find some other people to pour it on. And my final conclusion would be on my little cousins. I played hard with them as though we were age mates.

Little did they know that they were carrying out emotional dialysis within me. I couldn't push thoughts about her completely from my heart but at least, I had good company who were open to receive my care and affection.
I extended my stay with my aunt by some few days to really regain my stability.

After about a week, I travelled back to school agile and full of life. It was as though my time off inoculated me with an emotional shock absorber. I regarded less her response during our conversations. I resolved that if she had decided to close up, I am now equal to the task too.

The relationship went on like that for weeks - but not with my constant and frequent announcement that she should sure let me know when she is ready to talk - as I could not put up with a perpetual monologue.

I soon found out that there are external influences. She now engages in long conversations - lively conversations - with male friends on phone right in my presence. And after their conversation, she would pull back into her cocoon.

I found this alarming. Would my suspicion be coming true or she's just trying to communicate her readiness to talk to me? I concluded on the latter and opened up a conversation but the response was still cold so I opted for the fact that someone else was deceiving her.

My access to her phone was now restricted by her - a new development. It won't be long before I found out the identity of the lover boy.  They had met few days before she embarked on her last ministerial trip.

He now bombards her with calls and messages. He had made an official proposal but she had not yet consented. I just concluded that all she wanted from him was his cash donations and expensive gifts.

Their conversations often circle round scriptures study and she discusses with him as one who intended to shine light on biblical passages.

When I challenged her regarding the relationship, she claimed she was only providing spiritual guidance. But by then, I had known much better.

On an occasion, I took her phone from her to speak with her supposed 'protégé'. The gentleman sounded really like someone in search of a treasure.

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU