(Episode 40) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

Lanre came on a 3-day visit. She informed me of his arrival and I promised checking on them later in the evening.

School work had a toll on me. Final exams were around the corner and project work was still lagging behind.

I got back home very late and exhausted – too tired to even make dinner. So, I decided to go over to Ayomi’s place after informing her I would be coming for dinner. It was around those times when students had run out of foodstuff and cash.

A very close housemate pleaded to accompany - as there was no hope for his dinner in sight. I agreed – even though it would take sharing my own plate with him.

Dinner was served and we did fill our stomachs. I expected Lanre to just follow us back home to spend the night but I noticed he was relaxed and at home on Ayomi’s bed.

It didn’t bother me much – save for my housemate’s comments about his presence and staying over at her place.

His comments really drew my attention to details. I was not insinuating an unwholesome act between them, but I felt courtesy demands that he does not sleep over at her place – not even with my knowledge of his visit.

There were times when I would have female friends come visiting too and I would always bring them over to her place to spend the night. I felt that should be replicated too but she did not.

We left her place with a notion that Lanre would join us soon since he knew my hostel. He never showed up.

The following day, I drew her attention to allowing him sleep over at her place the last night and she reacted as though it is no big deal.

I tried explaining the relationship they shared with my housemate as a way of defending her dignity. He is a friend turn brother, I submitted.

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU