(Episode 33) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

(The phone rang)
‘Hello,’ Ademi

‘Hi, how did your day go?’ I replied lazily

‘Please come over,’ dear

‘Is anything the matter?’ Talk to me

‘Could you believe that Olaide had the effrontery to break into my room in my absence?’

‘Come on,’ dear. You cannot be sure she’s responsible for that. Don’t create another scene, please

‘Ademi, I know what I am talking about. She moved her things already. Come over and see for yourself’

I immediately concluded that she had stretched the poor girl beyond what she could bear. Olaide is a reserved and easy going girl. She would never act rashly for just any slight reason. She sure would have pushed her beyond her elastic limit into break point.

Alright! I would be with you soon. I hung up

*****

‘Ayomi, you frustrated this girl into finally moving her things out of your apartment, I said, not ready to take it lightly with her.’

‘If that’s what she wants then it is fine by me.’

We both know that was your initiative. It wasn’t just verbalized. Actions they say speak louder than words.

"Whatever! All I know is she is out now and out for good. I have my privacy restored."

When I realized she was not ready to listen to whatever I had to say, I left angrily so she would have a feel of the magnitude of what she had just done. I initiated a communication gap between us which soon became obvious to her.

I insisted she goes to Olaide and apologize for everything, stating that she could no longer cope with sharing a room with someone else but had no courage enough to communicate it.
Although I knew that won't bring her back but at least the atmosphere would be cleared and with time the bonds would be restored. She blatantly refused.

‘Things would fall back in place in due time,’ she said.

At a point, I laid the blames on myself. I thought probably if I had not come into the picture, they would not have been separated. Olaide was the only female friend I knew she was really close to and their friendship had lasted for years before I came on the scene.

I just assumed that she found me a suitable replacement for her which I was never happy with. I never complained about being affected by their friendship.

At least, I ought to be the one requesting more of her time and attention - which she has to share between Olaide and I. But I never did. As a matter of fact, I was happy about Olaide's role in our relationship. It made me save some time for real investment in other issues of life. Hence, their separation affected me negatively as well. I now had to be with her via different means - chats, calls, and visits - within every split second. I soon grew into coping with that though.

I reached out to Olaide to apologize on her behalf and she too insisted that she had not offended her and that all she wanted to hear from her then was, 'please move out of my room'.

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU