(Episode 35) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

We were both back on campus as the new semester would begin the following week.

I had been feeling the need for a long period of rest but never really regarded it. I was stretching myself beyond limits - as I do not even believe in limits in the first place.

I had little time for rest - assignments and responsibilities here and there.
Just few days before resumption, I broke down completely. It started with just a mild headache. It soon resulted into my head banging as though someone engaged the use of a mortar on it.

Ayomi was around all through - a great comfort indeed. She nursed me like a newly born and I did relax too to relish her love and affection spiced with utmost care. What I thought would just be for a day or maximally two was clicking a week gradually.

I insisted I was not going to engage the use of drugs or be hospitalized and placed on bed rest. I had my body cuddling bed so why should I pay for one at the hospital?

I hated the smell of drugs which I won't be able to avoid if I were admitted.
It all got really out of hand that morning when I could not even stand on my feet.

My body was vibrating very hard and fast. Ayomi came right on time - she concluded on arranging for my movement to the hospital. While the process was on, the body weakness I felt added several notches.  I had no strength to even walk out the door if I would be going to the school clinic. And I still insisted my faith had made me whole - although that was not the reality at the moment.

I decided to fix my gaze on him and not on the current situation. His admonition wasn't that we should debunk the fact but that we should ignore it. An illustration I once read in a book came right in time to my memory. It was about faith and its application.

It goes thus: When you are walking along the street and someone yells out your first name perpetually, you can choose to do two things - because as a matter of fact, you don't bear that name exclusively. You could choose to turn back to see who it is that calls or just ignore and go right on your way.

Faith does not nullify the fact that someone is calling or a symptom is felt. Faith decides to ignore with no iota of doubt whatsoever. Immediately doubt sets in, it is advisable you consult your doctor.

Remember Peter walked on the waters - we often do not remember that - all we say about him was that he doubted. But his journey began on a good note. He walked on the waters. But when he saw the raging tempest - note the word, saw - he ought to have kept his gaze on Him who called in the first place.

And since the caller was still on the waters too and not sinking, he should have simply ignored the raging tempest and walk along. But he looked and began to sink.

You don't live in fear pretending to be walking by faith. Both are parallel lines. The presence of one is the absence of the other.

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU