(Episode 30) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

.
.
Soon, they got really close and Opeyemi became to her many personalities – a friend, a brother, a mentor, and a father.

When she told me about it, I was excited that she had found someone she can be accountable to. It was later I got to know that Opeyemi as well contributed to her final acceptance of my proposal – I had scored high on his tests too - although we never spoke at any time until after she accepted my proposal.

Since I had made up my mind to be a friend to all her friends – as much as I can – I connected with him as well.

We talked occasionally – our discussions circling around ministry most of the times. He had a good job, hence, the money. He never hesitated to get her a gift if he finds it was something she really needed.

Not long after then, Ayomi became sold out into his ministerial outreaches. She became more like his personal assistant. I never really bothered because I now had the assurance that come what may, she is mine.

To make my assertion more concrete, Opeyemi got married.

On occasions when school work was not bulky, they travel together – mostly on weekends – for ministrations around the country. I was glad that Ayomi was gradually growing into becoming a resounding voice concerning spiritual matters.

She often extends an invitation to me on some occasions but my busy schedule would not let me. Most of my weekends are spent reaching out and impacting lives. Whenever she complained about my refusal to go with her, I always make her understand that what matter most is that we were both gaining grounds and blazing the trail.

I believed so much in infiltrating the systems of the world, flying high the banner of the gospel of the kingdom of God. My approach was, preach the kingdom first, and then venerate the king.

My birthday anniversary for that year would be one never to be soon forgotten. Getting up at dawn but still sitting up in bed, filled with heart of gratitude to the Lord, I decided to respond to few messages sent in by the early good wishers on social media platforms.

An update posted by a friend caught my attention. She need not use many words before the identity of whom she referred ran through my mind.

"This is not true, it cannot be," I asserted.
Immediately opening a new tab, I typed in the name into the search engine and on the top of the suggested pages to read was a confirmation of the departure of a man I held so much in high esteem.

I clicked the link displaying his biography and surprisingly, the other end of the hyphen had been properly filled. I cannot explain the force that pushed me out of bed and made me roam about my room.

When that felt inadequate, I stepped out of my room into the main compound – still doubting the reality of the information. A role model was gone. So soon!

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU