(Episode 34) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

The semester's exams would soon set in and the atmosphere was charged up with intense preparations.

It was always a time when everyone appears serious with academics. Even those who would never attempt a visit to the library let alone stay back on campus for some hours after lectures to read; would be seen going to spend nights on campus in preparation for the exams.

I was never a fan of impromptu or pressured reading. I believe hard work is a mere combination of small jobs. So, I resolved to tackle the small jobs as they present themselves to me, hence, not having to be faced with hard work.

Exams period to me was just like normal days. I still see the movies that appeal to me occasionally, relate well with friends - although some would often shrink back into caves - and eat well with adequate rest.

My study approach was: read, discuss with a group, refresh your mind and memory by reviewing, and then go all out. It did work for me all through school days and even until now. You all could try that out too.

———

Exams were over. The break was short. We both decided to stay back in school to attend a camp meeting.

She had earlier invited me for the meeting and I consented. The meeting was organized by a ministry she's part of. I saw that as an opportunity to meet more of her ministry partners as well as make up for all the invites I had earlier declined.

Little did I know that she had notified her team leader of my coming - with much eulogy.

I was ushered in with an impressive reception. As a matter of fact, it never seemed as though I just met them. They were all amazing. They welcomed me with hands, hearts and minds. It was indeed a great experience. I ministered at the meeting at various capacities - something I never planned to do - but a soldier is always ready.

I was shocked when the team leader announced that it would be of great delight having me on board as a team member. Since my fiancée is also a member of the team, I decided to join in - seeing that that would further endear her to me.

Every interaction with the group felt as though I was relating with blood brothers and sisters. There were lots of fun and I felt really at home. While the family meeting was held after the camp meeting, I noticed that one of the group leaders already concluded in his heart that I was engaged to Ayomi. She would probably have told him earlier, I thought.

I was proud of the active roles she played all through the meeting. She really worked herself out that I insisted she has to go on a brief compulsory vacation after the meeting.

I saw great zeal practically displayed. Even the organizers made their positive submissions about her too. It was to me as though both of us were being praised. I soon became an active member of the group too. I added it to my many responsibilities and things were going really well.

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU