(Episode 3) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

There she was, her face buried in her hands, sobbing uncontrollably. I could not think of the right words to use at this time.
I drew close, pulled her off the floor and sat close to her as she rested on my shoulder, weeping. She began to download the details firsthand.

'I sat quietly in my room this morning - engrossed in the book you mailed to me last month on purpose discovery. I opted for a reclusive 40 days break to really focus on the nuggets in the book. Shortly afterwards, I got Juwon’s message, requesting I come over to help out with his breakfast. I wished I foresaw his gimmicks – he had often been making jovial advances to me before now but I never took it seriously. This time, he claimed to be sick. I obliged immediately and went over to make his breakfast.

Since I was full, I declined sharing the meal with him but he insisted I take a glass of juice – pointing to the direction of the pineapple juice sitting on the tray close to his bed. I took a glass and served myself – sipping the juice in bits and he, enjoying his meal.

By the time I would regain full consciousness, the deed had been done. The pain I felt smeared my face with reality. I sat right there in his room for the shame he has brought upon me, but he ordered me out. When I hesitated, he got up and pushed me out of his apartment. I could not stand the shame.

‘Where do I go from here?’ ‘I trusted Juwon.’ ‘I loved him and cared much. Look now, what he paid me back with.’

I ran out of answers to her questions. I know that at moments like this, all she needs is a listening ear and a caring heart. I offered these gladly. My hatred for Obajuwon rose immediately, as though it was latent before.
‘Get dressed dear; we are leaving this environment now!’

-

By now, the traffic had built up far more than it was initially. You can’t expect anything less on weekends - so many functions everywhere. When I hear people discuss around the economy not thriving, money not circulating, more people in need – I just wonder within.

Where does all the money for the regular weekend partying come from? And I would be quick to posit that ‘money is where it is’.

In about some minutes, we drove off the busy road and headed straight for the highway. I occasionally stole looks at Salewa – she had on, my headset. She is a lover of good music. Whenever our eyes locked, I would release a warm smile - though it was not replicated.

‘Where are we going to?’ she inquired.

‘You just leave that to me,’ I replied with a warm smile.

‘Alright boss’, she said as she tried to force out a smile In return. It was more like the most difficult thing to do at this time. She tapped on the play button on the headset and off she goes again, lost in the rhythm of the song.

I drove off the highway into Elite Avenue. By now, she had a clue of where we were going but she didn’t say a word about it. In some minutes, we pulled up in front of the mall, a good place indeed to calm one’s nerves. You begin to enjoy the homely vicinity from the gate.

At times, I wonder if the only thing the gatemen were paid for was the frequent smiles to usher in customers. The gates were automated – just placing your front tyres on the metallic slab does the magic. The gate is followed closely by the security check. An automated scan is run on your car, followed by a free passage if certified, safe.

I drove in and pulled up at the parking space. Most times I refer to this mall as a community itself. It houses the cinema, a variety of boutiques, resort, gardens, restaurants, barbeque joints and loads of attractive sights. Right in front of the mall is an artificial waterfall. I enjoy sitting around it to enjoy few drops of water on my skin even though it was not raining – it leaves me with a soothing feel of nature. I didn’t bother waiting at the waterfall because the day was dedicated exclusively to Omosalewa and I was not certain if she shared the same feelings.

I held her close beside me as we walked around like lovers just starting out. By now, my tummy was giving out funny signals to be refilled.

‘Dear, would you mind us visiting the restaurant first?’

‘I don’t,’ she shrugged.

Yup! Thank you – I replied with a brightened look. What do you expect? I have been fasting since last night. I could not stay back for breakfast in the morning, even though it was already set.
We were on our way for the restaurant when she spoke up and requested if seeing a movie was fine by me

‘Why not’, I said without hesitating. It was all about her today after all.

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU