(Episode 5) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

The long awaited call came in. It was Obajimi.

‘How did it go?’ I asked hastily.

‘You won’t believe it. Kabiyesi cunningly sided Juwon. It was a heart rendering experience.'

‘I was not expecting less from him!’. The dog is his first heir to the throne. I know he would do anything to protect him and his own personality.

‘So, what was the resolution?’

‘He said we should bury it... like make it ‘oku oru. He claimed it’s a family affair and we ought not to spread our dirty underwear for public sight. I was infuriated, at the expense of whom? Omosalewa!

‘Does he have an idea what that poor girl is going through? The aftermath of being defiled by your own brother! How would she live freely in the palace without an obvious reprimanding measure melted out to Juwon? This is practical male chauvinism.

‘No better word, my dear’. I can now say emphatically that the princesses have little value before the king. He values his throne, prestige more than any of them.

‘Hmmm... What about Juwon? Was he remorseful?

‘Re…what?’ he claimed Salewa seduced him and since there was no witness, Kabiyesi considered his words. I felt like grabbing his throat and squeezing life out of it, but I refrained.

‘Please, do not share the outcome of the meeting with Salewa. That would only cause more grief and hatred for the king. What she needs presently is genuine care and love. Her trust has been bashed.

‘Yeah, I know!’ It is expected. I would present it wisely.

‘What are you up to Jimi?’ I know you so well

‘I would surely pay him back in his own coin’, it is just a matter of time. ‘Iyan ogun odun ni’.

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU