(Episode 1) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr.

It was early on a Saturday morning. I had made up my mind before retiring to bed to sleep until around 10am.

The previous night was spent at a vigil I could not but attend. Though stressful due to my busy week schedule, it was well enjoyed.

The pastor of my local church had invited me to speak to the teenagers of my church. I find so much joy in reaching out to teenagers and young adults; that if I had one more day to live and was asked to make a dying wish, it would be to speak to a large congregation of young adults and afterwards retire home to be with my family and enjoy a lavishly prepared dinner – then retire to bed as I bid them goodnight.

I found my way back home around half past five in the morning, fell flat on my bed. Clothes still on, exactly the way I came in. I struggled to remove my shoes.

While nursing the thought to change into something lighter so I can sleep soundly – I slept off.
I was still lost in the dreamland when I was disturbed by a continuous sound. It took some time before I could regain consciousness – I was in between dreamland and Reality Avenue.

The sound would not stop – it was initially rhythmic in my ears but later a noise. I turned around on my bed, eyes still closed as though opening the eyes will discard the melodramatic dream I was enjoying – only to realize that the origin of the sound was right beside me, on my bed. It was my favourite TECNO ringtone, dream cloud.

‘Who is this that won’t let me have a good sleep?’
Reached out for the phone, eyes still heavy with sleep, swiped down the green call answer logo and hesitantly said,

“Hello”.

The voice on the other end was thick and resounding. I didn’t even look at the screen to know who the caller was.

‘Wuraola’, the voice replied.

The response brightened my countenance as I looked at my phone’s screen to be sure my assumption was right.

‘Obajimi, good morning’ Sorry I didn’t take your call on time. I had a ministration overnight, so tired.

‘That’s alright’

They have both been good friends right from childhood. Their paths crossed at elementary school – at a time where boys and girls enjoy pure platonic friendship with no strings attached. Their friendship had grown so much that they have successfully transferred it to their parents.
Obajimi is the product of an unwanted affair, Oba Omoboriowo had with his maid over decades ago. Without regard for the circumstances around his birth, he is a prince because his father is a king.
During their final year at elementary school, they both became senior boy and senior girl respectively. They were both smart and intelligent – by creation and as judged by the education system. Their affection for each other grew so deep that their school mates often conclude that they are in a romantic relationship – both parents share a similar ideology.
Now young adults, their friendship still grows stronger by the day. Wuraola is now the widely known Omidan Wura.

‘You don’t sound at peace,’ Jimi.

‘You are right! I am embittered’

‘Please talk to me. What happened?’

Yesterday was a day I would never wished to have witnessed. The unthinkable happened to my own dear sister…. She was utterly disgraced.

‘Tell me it’s not about Omosalewa?’

‘It’s sad but true.’ It is, he replied.

Omosalewa came years after Obajimi. Oba Omoboriowo had accepted his mother and the son they had together claiming, ‘ori ade ki i sun ta’. Their affair continued although she was not allowed to live in the palace. The king, dancing to the tune of his name, would impregnate them, and after delivery, he would build a separate apartment for them in his estate.

‘Please keep the details. I’m out of bed already. I would be with you soon.’

I jumped out of bed. Clothes still on - makes it easier and faster. Rushed to the bath, had some mouth shakes and headed straight away out of the house. Mom was setting the table for breakfast.

“Queen,” as she fondly calls her – with a prospect of marrying Jimi someday.

'Where are you rushing to this morning? I thought you wanted to have a long rest?'

Yeah mom! I really wanted to but I got a call from Jimi some minutes ago. I need to see him.

Hmmm…love birds. Hope all is sha well?

Mummy! No time for teases this morning.

‘You could at least have some bites before setting out,’ she replied

‘That would be when I’m back’. Love you mom! My way of saying please let me go now. I took her car keys and headed for the garage.

To be continued....
Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU