(Episode 4) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

The next movie was scheduled for 2:30pm. We stopped at the ticket stand to book two seats.

Luckily, one of the movies cued for the time was Sci-Fi. We both are passionate lovers of science fictions.

I could feel a radiant smile springing naturally from within her – maybe it’s how I wanted to feel anyways – but a feeling of fulfillment ran through me all the same. We sat at the table for a quiet meal.

I ordered two bottles of malt drink, followed by a plate of fried rice, salad and chicken breast.

‘What would you like to have, dear?’

‘I am not hungry,’ she replied without much thought.

I pressed in more but she insisted - until she finally gave in to having a cup of ice-cream. I topped that up with a request for a freshly made Sharwama. I tried out my usual deals.

‘Can we eat your servings together, followed by mine?’

‘Huh! Huh! No way! Not at this time’

‘Alright, fine by me,’ I responded mildly.

‘But you would have a taste of the chicken,’ I persisted.

Fine! ‘If that’s what you want,’ she said reluctantly

Read also: (Episode 3) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files

By now, I couldn’t hold back the taste of the first spoonful in my mouth. We left the restaurant and headed for the mini bar close to the viewing room. We only needed two servings of popcorn since we still had with us, our bottles of malt drinks. We were on time for the next movie.

* * * *

As I drove back home after dropping her off, various thoughts ran through my head – with questions that appear rhetoric.

What on earth pushed Juwon into defiling his own half-sister? The poor girl is only seventeen! How would she live with this experience throughout her lifetime? Being deflowered by her brother? She trusted him! Would she ever be willing to give her heart to a man anymore? This is incest for crying out loud; an act that shouldn’t even be heard of in the entire kingdom – now happening in the palace. What would be the king’s reaction to this? He has decided cases of this kind before and the penalty was always a disgraceful banishment from the kingdom.

I wonder how this would turn out – seeing that Obajuwon is an heir to the throne, the eldest of the king’s sons.

I was greeted by mom as I expected

‘Wuraola, where have you been all day?’ not even a call? You got me worried.

‘I am sorry mom, but I came back home earlier for a change of clothes, you were not in’. I spent the day with Salewa, we were at the mall.

‘How was your day too?’ I quickly chipped in to avoid extending the conversation to what prompted the urgent visit earlier in the morning.

‘Oh! Great’, she replied. I was at Sikemi’s family introduction ceremony. Remember her?

‘Yes, I do!’ I replied with a sigh.

‘How was it? And her mom too - It’s really been a while.

‘My friend is doing great dear’. The ceremony was superb. Its magnitude to some people would be enough for a wedding ceremony. I’m sure it’s going to be the talk of the town for a while.
Now you are making me feel I missed something today.

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU