(Episode 6) LOVE AFFAIRS | A novel of the OmidanWURA_files By Segun Alonge Jr

The Onikan Stadium, Onikan, Lagos was parked and full as teenagers and young adults as well as parents who cared much about them converged for a worship/word fiesta – with loads of side attractions.

It was the first of its kind. OmidanWura and her loving husband had drove in some minutes before kickoff time. She was scheduled to speak to the participants.

An ecstatic atmosphere emerged as she stepped out of her branded car – few people not really knowing who she was but joined in the applause. They simply flowed with the atmosphere. Protocol officers were on standby to usher the duo to their seats in a dignified manner.

As her culture is, all she was heard saying was, ‘thank you’, ‘God bless you’, ‘a great privilege to be here’. The voice of a teenager was picked from the rear as she screamed, ‘I want to be like you when I grow up, MA!’

The worship fiesta got real well on course as the platform was graced with worship leaders from within and outside the country.

The atmosphere was so enwrapped with divine presence that it seems like the entire participants had earlier met to rehearse the songs. It was more like a mass choir - everyone expressing themselves with heartfelt worship to their maker.

Beloved brethren, the moderator announced. The guest speaker tonight needs no introduction. The renowned teenagers and young adults minister, a mentor to many and role model to much more. She has travelled far and wide, fulfilling purpose.

Everyone cheered in one accord as though it were rehearsed.

‘Can she just bring me up stage?' OmidanWura whispered to her husband. ‘I don’t always like this part.’

‘Calm down dear, God is praised.’
She has written so many short essays and articles which include the widely read ‘Lamentations and consolations of OmidanWura’, ‘Crawling back into Eden?’ and lots more.

I am proud to announce to you that her debut book is out. Very limited copies are available for sales today. It’s a book to read, recommend and keep for generations to come, titled ‘Love Affairs’.

The participants cheered one more time, now louder.

Beloved brethren, with Jesus joy in my heart, I present to you, Aunty Wuraola Adenrele. We are so honored to have her much talked about husband also gracing this event. Thank you so much sir. We are grateful.

All glory and honor to God - the father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has made me worthy of being a vessel in His vineyard. Thank you for honoring God in my life. To my crown, friend, confidante, eternal partner . . .

The atmosphere smelled loving emotions.

‘Thank you!’
To the organizers and everyone present here today, thanks for inviting me. Make melodies in your heart to your maker. . Go ahead! Hallelujah!

I speak tonight on 10 things to do for singles! I’m sure some are by now trying to pull out from ‘single hood’. But permit me to announce that singleness is a lifelong stage.

Before I proceed, I acknowledge the presence of parents seated here.
The reason so many marriages are failing is because the couples never lived and do not intend living as singles and whole - most ladies see marriage as an escape route. Oh! At last, I have someone to pour my emotions, needs and desires on, they say. He is the man here and he has to be responsible for everything and they make the men weary out so soon – trying to be what they can never be – the almighty man.

Quickly, ‘10 things to do for singles’

1. Deepen your relationship with God
The word ‘deep’ is not synonymous to weird or strange. It simply means deep. Fellowshipping more, studying more - your years of being unmarried should be well enjoyed and invested. These times should be real times for eternal investments. You can control your schedule. There is no one to dictate what you do and when you do it. Now don’t misquote me, I’m not saying marriage is a burden or a cage – though ironically it is called wedlock – but truth be told, marriage is all about sharing. You share your time and resources with your spouse and children. Your to-do list can no longer feature you exclusively. I believe you picked that now.
I studied volumes upon volumes before I got married. The bible was not an exemption; I went over and over again. When friends question then, I simply respond thus: ‘it is my preparation stage‘. I want to be so much into God that it would take a man to seek Him to find me. It is no longer a testimony of things not seen. It is here, visible. He sought Him to find me.

A loud applause roused from the audience.

Follow on FACEBOOK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAN AND RELIGION | Segun M. Alonge Jr

Revealed! THE WORLD AND YOU